Dybbøl skanserne / fortifications, 1864
This drone flight shows the fortifications of Dybbøl, april 1864, just a few days before the final defeit. The mill at Dybbøl, one iconic monument of the war, is on fire, and the soldiers are exhausted...
The piece is made for Historiecenter Dybbøl Banke
Hedeby / Haithabu
Hedeby / Haithabu were the largest and most important city of Denmark in the Viking age. It was situated in the Southernmost part of Jutland, which today is in Germany. The city was situated close to many of that periods most important transportation systems. That gave Hedeby a central role in European trade, and there was a vivid exchange of both goods and culture. Christianity and paganism lived side by side in this city, to which merchants traveled to from near and far to trade a.o. fur, pottery and slaves.
A piece made for museum Borgcentret at Vordingborg, Denmark.
1814 - the Game of Denmark og Norway
The exhibition ”1814 – Spillet om Danmark og Norge” is the marking of the 200 years of the separation of Denmark and Norway by the Museum of National History at Frederiksborg Slot.
This piece is a living copy of the painting by Lorentzen, custumemade for the exhibition in 2014.
Albatros D.III WW 1
The Albatros D.III was a biplane fighter aircraft used by the Imperial German Army Air Service (Luftstreitkräfte) and the Austro-Hungarian Air Service (Luftfahrtruppen) during World War I. The D.III was flown by many top German aces, including Manfred von Richthofen, Ernst Udet, Erich Löwenhardt, Kurt Wolff, and Karl Emil Schäfer. It was the preeminent fighter during the period of German aerial dominance known as "Bloody April" 1917.
Skanse II Dybbøl 1864
Skanse II / second fortifictation, was the only fortification from where the Danish cannons could reach the German batteries at Broagerland. From the fortification there is an excellent view of Vemmingbund and you can see the area at Gammelmark, where the German batteries were located.
In the fortification memorial stones are raised for three soldiers, who later have become the symbol for both parties in the battle of 1864. Those are the lieutenants Johan Peter Anker and Carl Vilhelm Castenschiold, who alternately had the command at Skanse II, and the prussian pioneer Karl Klinke. Klinke was killed when he tried to blow a hole in the palisades that surrounded the fortification.
This piece was made for the documentary "Slagtebænk Dybbøl" by B-Film, Claus Birk, shown at Danish TV DRK.
Around 1160 the bisp Absalon at Roskilde took over the city and provided it with a castle. Copenhagen got it's status of Market town in 1254, and was in nearly 250 years owned by the af bisp-residence in Roskilde. At the early 1400, where Øresund had become a major transportation route, the city was taken over by King Erik of Pommern. The king then chose Copenhagen as his permanent residence in his struggle to win domination in the Baltic sea.
Counterattack of the 8. Brigade, Dybøl 1864
The Danish reserve of appr. 6.000 men have not been alarmed at the beginning of the attack. Time is 10.30 am, and now is the order given to initiate a counterattack with the Danish 8. Brigade of appr. 3000 men. Left flank of the Dybbøl-position, with the withdrawn line is the target. General du Plat has doubts whether the attack is to be executed, but the scattered, onrushing prussian units are swept aside, and the attack appears to succeed. For a while, that is...
Piece for the documentary Slagtebænk Dybbøl
The Castle of Copenhagen, 1650
The Castle of Copenhagen was a Kings castle, from appr. 1370 to 1731 situated at Slotsholmen in Copenhagen, at the spot where Christiansborg lies today. The Castle of Copenhagen was build on the same spot as the castle of bisp Absalons castle, after it had been demolished by the Hanse-federation in 1369, as a result of a peace treaty.
The Castle of Copenhagen came in possesion of the King in 1417, under Erik of Pommern. From mid 1400s, the castle were the main residence of the danish kings, and and the center of the danish government. The castle was expanded and remodeled several times. It was demolished in 1731 and replaced by the Christiansborg Castle, which today is the residence of the Danish Parliament.
Tower in Korsør
The fortified tower in Korsør, probably build sometime in the 1200's ...